A beautiful combination of math and logic
Object of the Game
Put the set of given numbers into the square grid so that when you calculate any three adjacent numbers they solve the given Equa.
How to Play
- You are given a set of numbers to insert into an empty or partially filled grid.
- Place the numbers into the grid so that any 3 adjacent numbers when connected in a vertical or horizontal line SOLVE the given Equa when the numbers are added, subtracted, divided, or multiplied together in any combination.
- Numbers can be calculated in any combination, but keep in mind the mathematical order of operations as you calculate:
- First perform any calculations inside parentheses, if they exist.
- Next perform all multiplications and divisions
- Lastly, perform all additions and subtractions
- In this puzzle, adjacent numbers are connected vertically or horizontally only, as shown in the diagram below.
- The puzzle is solved when all the numbers from the set are placed in the grid and all three-adjacent-number equations result in the given Equa.
- Use only basic arithmetic functions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division; and follow the order of operations when necessary.
- In some beginner levels of Zoran Puzzle, the grid may be partially filled for easier solving.
In this 3×3 grid, our task is to put numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 so each column and row can result in Equa 12. Note that in Zoran Puzzle “L” connections are not allowed. The diagram above, on the right, shows the solution to the game. Let’s do some calculations:
3 x 7 – 9 = 12
(5 + 1) * 2 = 12
6 * 8 : 4 = 12
9 + 4 – 1 = 12
3 * 8 : 2 = 12
(7 – 5) * 6 = 12
As we can see, the solution for this puzzle is correct.