A singular sensation
Object of the Game
To find all proven three-straight-connected numbers in a grid whose sum equals the demanded Equa.
How to Play
- Choose a prefilled number grid.
- For this game numbers are connected in straight threes vertically or horizontally only, as shown in the diagrams below. No “L” shape is allowed.
- Numbers can be calculated in any combination, but keep in mind the mathematical order of operations as you calculate:
- First perform any calculations inside parentheses, if they exist.
- Next perform all multiplications and divisions
- Lastly, perform all additions and subtractions
- Found straits cannot cross each other. Each number can only be used in one strait.
- Use only basic arithmetic functions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division; and follow the order of operations when necessary.
Find all 6 straits of Equa 16 in this 5×4 grid. The solution is as follows:
Let’s check the solution:
2 x (5 + 3) = 16
12 + 8 : 2 = 16
10 + 9 – 3 = 16
8 + 2 + 6 = 16
5 x 5 – 9 = 16
12 + 4 x 1 = 16