An amazingly fun game from start to finish
Object of the Game
To find a path of three-adjacent-number connections from a predefined starting point to a predefined endpoint where the sum of each connection results in the given Equa.
How to Play
- Choose a prefilled number grid with a starting and endpoint.
- Start finding three-adjacent-numbers connections that when calculated together satisfy the Equa demand.
- Numbers can be calculated in any combination, but keep in mind the mathematical order of operations as you calculate:
- First perform any calculations inside parentheses, if they exist.
- Next perform all multiplications and divisions
- Lastly, perform all additions and subtractions
- For this game, adjacent numbers are three numbers connected vertically, horizontally or in “L” shape, as shown in the diagrams below.
- The last number in a correct three-number-connection should be the first number in the next.
- The solution of the puzzle is the path where multiple sets of three numbers, when calculated together as described above, all result in the demanded Equa.
- Note: A three-number-connection cannot cross another three-number-connection. See the example below for correct and incorrect paths to make.
Find the path from starting point (5) to end point (9) calculating sets of three numbers along the way that result in Equa 16. The solution is as follows:
Let’s check the solution:
10 : 5 x 8 = 16
8 x 8 : 4 = 16
8 x 6 : 3 = 16
12 + 6 – 2 = 16
2 + 9 + 5 = 16
5 + 5 + 6 = 16
6 x 3 – 2 = 16
3 x 7 – 5 = 16
8 x (9 – 7) = 16